Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 April 2017

JOURNALING your JOURNEY#AtoZChallenge

J is for JOURNALING



During many tough and difficult situations that occur in our life, each one of us feel the need for  a companion , someone who acts like a sounding board, knows us in and out, and also helps us progress on our journey to rise above the challenges and live a better life.  None better than getting a companion which allows us to pen down our thoughts and express our self completely, in full privacy and confidentiality. This companion is none other than the Journal, our all-time reliable companion which provides us with JOURNALING, the act of writing. JOURNALING is an expressive process which provides us with opportunity to reflect and also acts as a healing agent when needed. Regular JOURNALING and captures every aspect of our life (if we will to ) and our growth/ evolution over our lifetime.

Why JOURNALING is important ?

·         Writing is a strong and powerful tool which allows us to express our self freely
·         Journaling therapy helps us during times we seek clarity about way forward in life and also provides us with opportunities to self-reflect and understand our self better  

·         Enables us to analyse our life in terms of where we are vis-à-vis our defined goals and bridge the identified gaps
·         Provides us with a private space to release our strong pent-up feelings and emotions
·         Creates a timeline of our life, capturing every aspect of it (whatever we want it to capture). Creates a mini autobiography
·         Helps tracks goals and record progress
·         Helps us relax thereby reducing stress
·         Helps us become better organised

·         Makes us more creative and  a better thinker as it helps to capture every idea of ours 

How to make JOURNALING more effective ?

·         Decide what kind of journal you want maintain –reflective,  gratitude , travel, religious/ spiritual,  idea and many other
·         Decide and Maintain specific schedule for Journaling in terms of time, duration, frequency and length. A routine journaling would be more effective
·         To make it more useful, make specific sections to write
·         Write positive and progressive entries

·         Keep the entries short and simple and write in your natural style without worrying to get the grammar right
·         Keep the journal accessible for you – when at home, try to keep it within your reach even during night and when outside home, try carrying it with you
·         Don’t buy a bulky and a very big journal as it may not be encourage you to write

So, don't wait for another day and start penning down your life now !

5 comments:

  1. Some good advice, thank you. Find me here. LINK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susanne :)
    On my way to visit your link !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never kept a journal on a regular basis. However, I have many hobbies tied to memory keeping that incorporate journaling. WeekendsInMaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've start bullet journaling. Mostly to help with productivity and keep up with the things I keep forgetting (the joys of getting older!). I jot down notes about the day, but don't really write deep thoughts. I have a journal in my bed side table that I write in when I have thoughts running circles in my head. I thin because my bullet journal goes every where with me I'm afraid I might lose it so don't want my deepest thoughts just lying around. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete